Private: Puerto Vallarta Bugambilia Festival, 2014, May 9 – 11
A major project of the Puerto Vallarta Garden Club is an annual Bugambilia Festival. The first was held in 2013. The month of May has historically been a low month for tourism. PVGC aims to add reasons for people to come to Vallarta and to extend their stay.
By studying successful models of international tourism we immediately learn that cities with vibrant beautification cultures, public gardens and urban green space enjoy much better year-round tourism numbers. Cities with public gardens are perceived as places of culture and safety. Public gardens and cities with garden festivals are proven successful tourism generators. It is interesting to know that with all the attractive features that draw people from all over the world to see Washington, D.C., more visitors come for the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival than at any other period.
In the last three years, the PV Garden Club has planted hundreds of bougainvillea and other blooming trees in the tourist zone of PV in a beautification effort that is changing Vallarta. The festival is an opportunity to celebrate the blooms and participate in a world class fiesta.
FREE EVENTS, Lázaro Cárdenas Park:
- May 9 – Friday night, Puerto Vallarta’s mayor and “Miss Bugambilia” will officially open the festival at the “Flower Ribbon Cutting” ceremony. A special show follows.
- May 10 – Saturday, 7 PM, Parade throughout the Malecón from the Sheraton Bugambilias to Lázaro Cárdenas Park Entertainment for the whole family with Piñatas, Face Painting, Charros, Zumba participants, Xiutla dancers throughout the day, and at 8 PM the Puerto Vallarta Men’s Chorus and Alas, Escuela de Canto with support provided by Act II Entertainment.
- May 11 – Sunday night is a Pooch Parade, Mexican Chili Dog eating contest and family oriented fun along with a salsa dance performance, live band and dancing until 10:00 pm .
PAID EVENTS, Río Isla Cuale:
- May 9 – Friday Night Cocktail Party at Oscar’s Restaurant with Cocktails, Hors d’Oeuvres, Raffle, Prizes and Floral Design Competition
- May 11 – Sunday Mother’s Day Brunch at Le Bistro Jazz Café with Mimosas, Entertainment, Raffle Prizes and Fashion Show